We’re excited to have a many time world champion, Rose Bowl champion, and perhaps even the greatest woman player of all time, Kate Dow join us today.
- Kate started playing in 9th grade, when plans to just toss the frisbee around with a friend turned into seeing people playing freestyle on the Venice Green.
- She was so mesmerized that she jumped right in and was driven to learn. Several years later, Kate moved her game (& her education) up to Santa Barbara.
- Competition and winning were bitter sweet for Kate, hear what she says about her experience.
- She also talks about the perception of men vs. women when they play. Have things changed?
- The Venice Green and Palm Park are a couple Frisbee mecca’s; Jake & Randy talk about some others.
- On November 2nd-4th, Jake will be traveling to Ocean Beach, in N. California for the Golden Gate Shred Tournament.
- A Beachstylers Update – It was originally announced that Jake and Dave Schiller won, however, after a deeper dive on the results, Dave discovered that a rounding error and found that Pavel Baranyk and Harry Skomroch won Open Pairs. Congrats guys!
- Check out the new photos on the Frisbee Guru Wall of Gurus. Thanks to everyone that’s purchased a t-shirt or contributed.