1) Wash the disc off to clean off any sand, dirt or
salt. Then dry it off with a towel.
2) Choose a grit of sandpaper depending on how roughed
up the disc is. (If it’s really rough start with 600
3) Rub the sand paper in a circular motion until the
surface is smooth. (this takes some elbow grease!)
4) Go to the next sandpaper grade (If you started with
800 grit then go to 1200 next) and repeat step 3.
5) Repeat steps 3 & 4 until you’ve sanded the disc
with 2000 grit sandpaper. The disc should feel smooth
as silk with no rough spots.
Here are a couple tips…
a. The sandpaper will last longer if it’s wet when you
b. Before moving to a higher grit be sure to check the
disc surface for any rough spots that need extra work.
c. Don’t forget to sand the inside rim.
P.S. Here’s a places where you can buy high
grit sandpaper from…
Pingback: Equipment -or- Tools of the Trade - FrisbeeGuru